History of Green Bay's Parks

St. John Park

This was another square donated in 1835 during the great land speculation by the American Fur Co, and was referred to early as Calhoun Park before St. John Church was built.

A shelter was constructed in 1968 and new landscaping in early 1970. However, with budget restraints and changing neighborhood, the playground program was discontinued in 1986.


  1. Only annotated statements have been verified. Any other historical statements are unverified and based on personal knowledge or informal notes kept by the Green Bay Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department.
Email: webmaster