History of Green Bay's Parks

Nicolet Park/School

In 1940, the school and grounds were first used in the playground program.

1980 - The Redevelopment Authority deeded seven parcels to the City east of Nicolet School for park purposes to improve the neighborhood and school ground expansion. An alley was vacated to make more than an acre available for more parking and play areas as well as playground equipment and softball diamond. This expansion was very beneficial to the playground program.


  1. Only annotated statements have been verified. Any other historical statements are unverified and based on personal knowledge or informal notes kept by the Green Bay Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department.
Email: webmaster