In 1955-56, options were obtained, and the Common Council adopted a resolution authorizing the Board of Education and the Park Commission to purchase a park/school site in the southwest section of Green Bay. The Park Commission paid $12,750 for three parcels and the Board of Education paid $14,450 for three parcels. The Board of Park Commissioners was to have control of the entire area until a school was built.
1964 - An addition was built on the school building to be used as a shelter.
1970 - A separate shelter with rest rooms was constructed off of Sue Lane.