This marker sits on the site of 110 years of continuing education in the Village of Ashwaubenon. Land for the first school was donated to the Village of Ashwaubenon in 1872 by Louis and Sophia Pocquette. The present structure was built in 1913 with additions made to it in the 1950's. The school was closed in 1982 due to declining enrollment and is now the Ashwaubenon Civic Center. The site is a tribute to the progressive attitude that the Citizens of Ashwaubenon have toward education.
Ashwaubenon Historical Society
In front of Cormier School,
at the corner of Cormier Road and Broadway
(Cormier School became a school again subsequent to the installation of this marker.)
This page is valid HTML.