(adjacent to Park Shop complex)
When the first plan for the City of Green Bay was formalized in 1921 indicating certain areas for park sites, the vicinity of Fort Howard Park on the west side of the river was included on the Official Map.
1934 - The files indicate the first purchase of lots and some were obtained through delinquent tax bills.
1938 - Before this date, this park was known as Northwest Park. In June of 1938, it was dedicated as Fort Howard Park with a shelter constructed with WPA labor and had the first lighted softball field.
In 1976-77, four lots adjacent to Fort Howard School on Dousman Street were acquired by the Redevelopment Authority and turned over to develop the area. The summer playground program was discontinued in 1985 to comply with budget constraints. It resumed at a later date.